Merry Christmas Everyone! My shopping is done, my gifts are wrapped and I'm ready to see the family. I hope your Holidays are wonderful and full of great times with good food doing what you love most! Eat some Christmas desserts for me :-)
Thursday, December 22, 2011
I just ordered this book for myself (Its a stocking stuffer Santa!) and I'm so excited about reading next week while we are at the beach! Its all about encouraging you to define your personal style and stocked full of gorgeous images. Have any of you read it?
I also spent all day yesterday watching Amsale Girls... is anyone else addicted???
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Monday, December 19, 2011
I love a good gallery wall, and its been done all over the blogging world. Sometimes I feel like I'm over it, and then images like these pop up and renew my faith in the idea . The proportions are perfect, I love the maps, and the fact that its all in black and white make it fresh.
Can't remember where this image is from!
I'm a huge believer in matting artwork huge, and this is why. Perfect.
I know the holidays are so crazy and the pressure is high to host the perfect party, find the perfect gift, and make the perfect christmas dessert. I think its time we all cut ourselves some slack. I've realized that picking up a dessert or appetizer from Publix fools everyone into thinking its homemade. And I refused to go the mall for Christmas gifts and instead ordered everything online. Delivered right to my door. Done. I'm trying not to get stressed this holiday season. What are your tips for staying sane?
Friday, December 16, 2011
We are loving sequins and sparkles this week on Friday's Fancies, and it couldn't be better timing with all the fun parties coming up! We are actually heading to Kiawah Island for some fun family time, where I plan to eat my weight in mac and cheese, drink wine, walk on the beach, and open presents! But if I was going to a party that required more than my flannel shirt and patagonia vest, this is what I would want to wear. Sparkly handbag, check. Fierce Winter Kate black jumpsuit, check. Bold statement necklace, check. Sexy black pumps, check!
Do you have any fun party plans?
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Because everyone needs a little sparkle under the tree :-) Whats on your wishlist??
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Monday, December 12, 2011
Found this hilarious post by Zooey Deschanel on a cup of jo via here. Too funny not to share and the perfect way to start your Monday- don't you feel better already?
TOP 10 TIPS AND TRICKS FOR A WINTER BODY
Ladies, winter is coming up and we have to get ready. With the equinox just 5 short months away, what does the modern woman need to do to get ready for sweater season?
1. Start practicing with your parka. Wear it around the house, to a barbeque or to the beach. When a dude says, “You look hot,” say, “Thank you, this jacket is certified to minus 60% below zero.” Then wink. You know what he means ladies, right? Right?
2. Try doing everyday stuff with mittens on. Like typing. Have fun! E.g. ahudfnjk;afbdjfbjkls093u84urahlu = happy holidays
3. Eat gingerbread willy-nilly. You’re welcome.
4. Q. It’s the holidays! Calories don’t count, right? A. Correct. You must adopt this attitude tosuccessfully attain a winter steaze.
5. Fly some family members out to see you, preferably more than can fit in your apartment or house. Make them share towels. Watch the magic as it happens.
6. Rock some Christmas tunes at work. People will love this. No one loves ‘Holly Jolly Christmas’ more than your co-workers. Play it loud.
7. Time for pajamas! You sweat at night? Too bad! You have to suffer for a winter body.
8. Festive sweater time. Get comfy in your sweet Cosby with X-mas trees or a menorah. Let everyone know what’s up.
9. SPF 1 zillion. Do it.
10. If it doesn’t have a crust, don’t eat it. All the best winter meals start and end with pie. Embrace this, now.
Well that’s all I have. Attaining a winter body is a challenge, but with enough perseverance and ambition, you can do it. I know you can.
Friday, December 9, 2011
This week for Friday's fancies we are getting ready for Holiday parties, and I thought I would post the outfit I wore out last night to celebrate Anna's birthday! We surprised her for her birthday waiting at her favorite restaurant and had the best time hanging out, had AMAZING sushi and the best turtle cheesecake I've ever put in my mouth. DELISH. (Btw, I bought that dress at F21 for $22- isn't it so cute?) Do you have any fun holiday parties coming up this weekend?
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Making these Pumpkin Granola Bars today... I'll let you know how they are! In other news, we had the craziest day yesterday at work and we are just trying to keep our head above water, so send some happy thoughts our way today!
From pinterest- can't remember who I first saw them from!
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Sunday, December 4, 2011
Friday, December 2, 2011
I'm linking up with Friday's Fancies, and today we are going RED for a special cause- spreading holiday cheer but also raising awareness for AIDS. Go here to help (RED), and check out all the other fun outfits here!
Its going to be a good weekend ya'll- I'm heading up to Charlotte to see some of my besties! Its the start of the Holiday season, yay! Do you have any fun plans??
Thursday, December 1, 2011
This women can do no wrong. Everything she puts on her body is stunning, not to mention her House of Harlow line is incredible and every piece is on my wishlist. Her boho look is so easy and comfortable but still right on point. She's come a long way from filming "the simple life" with paris! (I totally used to watch that show haha)
all images from google search